This year the Spirit of Beacon Day Parade is back on!
For those of you new to the parade and South Ave, this event is an city-wide celebration of Beacon. Traditionally all the schools in Beacon march with their school wearing their school shirts and a banner…sometimes we incorporate a theme of some kind. It’s an warm & fuzzy kick-off to the school year and we all walk away feeling the Beacon love.
South Ave is in danger of not participating. We need 2-3 parents step up and take the lead to coordinate parade logistics.
If you want to see South Ave represented we need a few folks to help make it happen. Otherwise South Ave may be the only school not in the parade, which would be a major bummer because we know we have tons of school spirit.
There is no one on the PTA board that can take this on this year. Some of us are working and some of us have family events. At this point we do not have anyone who available to take the lead for South Ave.
But that’s okay!
Anyone can do it, it’s not a lot of work and it’s pretty darn fun!
- Step 1: let us know you want to help!
- Step 2: come to the PTA Meeting on Sept 13th at 3:20 (if you can, it’s okay if you can’t)
- Step 3: Have a planning meeting with other parents who want to help (we’ll help you get the word out) and come up with a plan/theme.
- Step 4: Communicate with the entire school (the PTA will help you do this) to let them know the plan and where to meet on Sept. 25th
- Step 5: March in the parade!